Car maintenance is very important for your safety in driving. You could have a beautiful and luxurious car, but if it is not treated, one day it will be the cause of your harm.
Take the simple example of the windshield. It is very important to clean the windshield of the car due to scratches, mold, or oiliness to maintain the visibility of a clear road ahead of you.
The dirty windshield is not only on the front of the outer surface of the glass. The inside of your windshield also becomes dirty, because of the outside air gust contaminated on the inside of the glass.
Tips for Cleaning the Exterior Car Glass
Cleaning your car’s windshield is part of your routine vehicle maintenance and should be done every 1-2 weeks or whenever you wash your car. Here’s how to clean the windshield of your car, see!
Removes Mold on the Windshield
The fungus on the glass is usually caused by the weather and from the quality of the water when you wash.
Clean the windshield mold with toothpaste:
Toothpaste is a whitening hydrograph peroxide, this substance has high oxidizing properties, one of its uses is that it can kill the fungus.
- Prepare toothpaste and two non-fibrous cloths.
- Apply toothpaste to the moldy parts and then wipe the toothpaste with a cloth while pressed.
- Rinse with water then wipe again with a dry cloth.
Clean the windshield mold with tobacco:
Tobacco leaf itself utilizes the biodegradation process to become a potential method for bacteria and fungi to be considered more efficient and effective in reducing concentration on tobacco leaves.
- Prepare tobacco, water spray, and non-fibrous cloth.
- Soak the tobacco in clean water in a container for 15 minutes.
- Then filter the tobacco and take the water.
- Transfer the water to a water spray.
- Spray tobacco water on the windshield let stand 5 minutes.
- Then rinse with clean water dry with a dry cloth.
Cleaning the Frosted Car Glass
Car maintenance on the frosted glass you can do very easily. Besides, this also does not need a lot of capital.
- Start by spraying windshields, windows, headlights with cleaning liquid from top to bottom.
- Rub all the glass and the lamp with a soft brush until the dirt is gone, then wash and rinse with clean water.
- Next, fill the spray bottle about 1/3 to 1/2 full with distilled water, and add vinegar, shake until well blended.
- Spray the mixture of water and vinegar on the outside glass, lamps, and mirrors, then wipe with wrinkled newspaper, clean from top to bottom.
- Be sure not to use products containing ammonia on the inside of your car, as they can emit toxic fumes, and excessive spraying can damage the vinyl and upholstery.
Clean the scratched car glass (beret)
Car maintenance does not have to be expensive, for example, the windshield is scratched, then you can use this to overcome it.
- Wash the glass using a clean cloth, making sure the glass is clean of all impurities. Allow it to dry before trying to repair the scratch.
- Wet a microfiber cloth: Wet a clean, lint-free cloth with warm water. Squeeze the cloth until there are no more droplets of moisture.
- Rub gently until the streaks begin to fade. After feeling clean, rinse the windshield with clean water.
Using Nail Polish
- Clean the glass as usual, with a glass cleaner or a microfiber cloth that has been moistened.
- Make sure all the remaining dirt is removed from the glass surface, then let the glass dry.
- Dip the paintbrush into the bottle. Wipe the brush against the scratch surface, as much as possible to avoid paint with the surrounding glass surface.
- Leave the nail polish for 1 hour until it can soak into the scratch. Then clean it.
- Pour the nail polish remover liquid onto the surface of the fibrous cloth.
- Rub the nail polish remover on the surface of the scratch. After the rest of the nail polish is lifted, the glass surface will return as new.
Tips for Cleaning the Car Glass Inside
Dirt usually comes from the front dashboard of the car, especially the vinyl that can produce oil and when exposed to the sun evaporates and pollutes the car’s windows and windows.
Fat stains from sticking hands and mold are also some of the annoying dirt on the inside of the windshield.
- Clean the outside of the front window of the car first, to ensure the vehicle glass is really clean.
- Then wipe clean the glass inside the front of the car.
- Do the darkening in a circle, then use a clean cloth and wipe the windshield from top to bottom.
- Then, pour 70% alcohol into the cloth and wipe it against the windshield, to pull the oil off.
- Spread the alcohol evenly throughout the car’s windshield.
- After that, use cleaning fluid, wipe clean the windshield with a dry cloth.
Cleaning the windshield and removing stains, mold, and berets will help visibility while driving. It’s a good idea to read first the rules that are in the glass cleaner because certain specifications must be considered even though in general all have the same steps.
As we explained above, car maintenance is very important to maintain your safety. There is nothing wrong if you want to do it. If the frosted glass will usually disturb your view when driving.
Besides being annoying, the frosted glass will make the car look not good. With car maintenance, it will not only keep you awake while driving but still display perfect performance. From the style and engine of the car will make you always look up.
Many people say car maintenance is not very important, maybe they want to experience something frightening in life, without realizing it instead says things that don’t make sense. You are a perfect human who must always be awake, do not let what you have instead kill yourself.
Through this article, we hope you always do car maintenance at any time. Do not let you regret after something happens, because you are a creature created by God.